A bit about me...

Hello! My name is Kristen Younce and I am a sophomore at the University of South Alabama. I plan to graduate in December 2010 with a bachelor's degree in Elementary Education. When I graduate my goal is to get a job in Baldwin County teaching kindergarten.
The classes at South have required me to search for helpful tools and webistes for teachers. Some of the teaching tools that I found and plan to incorporate into my classroom are the use of blogs, the Alabama Learning Exchange (ALEX) website, iGoogle home pages, and other informative websites.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Using Alabama Virtual Library as a Teaching Tool

The Alabama Virtual Library (AVL) “provides teacher, students, and all citizens of Alabama with online access to essential library and information resources”. The AVL is a group of online databases that has magazine, journal, and newspaper articles for research. The AVL is a free website that is available to all Alabama residents. To have access to this website you must register for an AVL card. You may register for the AVL cards at any Alabama public library. The card will expire three years from the date that you receive it and another card may be issued by going through the same procedures.

The AVL can be accessed at any computer in schools, libraries, or even from your house. The availability of this website makes it a very useful tool for teachers and students. The AVL offers a variety of search items from different age groups to a variety of subject areas. I believe that this website can be a very useful tool to use in and out of the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment