A bit about me...

Hello! My name is Kristen Younce and I am a sophomore at the University of South Alabama. I plan to graduate in December 2010 with a bachelor's degree in Elementary Education. When I graduate my goal is to get a job in Baldwin County teaching kindergarten.
The classes at South have required me to search for helpful tools and webistes for teachers. Some of the teaching tools that I found and plan to incorporate into my classroom are the use of blogs, the Alabama Learning Exchange (ALEX) website, iGoogle home pages, and other informative websites.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Using Educational Websites to Enhance Learning in the Classroom

There are many educational websites for children. The websites allow children to explore and learn new ideas, while still having fun. Examples of some learning websites for children are Starfall, Funschool and Funbrain. These websites offer many learning tools for the children. Some of the learning tools are math games, reading tutorials and learning links.

One of the websites that I chose to further explore was the Funbrain website. This website offers many great resources for students, teachers and parents. One learning link on this website was the reading link. This feature allowed the student to choose a reading game that looked interesting. I chose to look at one of the games to see how it worked. The game that I chose was called Mad Libs Junior. This game was made to teach students their adjectives, nouns, verbs, pronouns and etc. All of the websites were able to be accessed through their home computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment