A bit about me...

Hello! My name is Kristen Younce and I am a sophomore at the University of South Alabama. I plan to graduate in December 2010 with a bachelor's degree in Elementary Education. When I graduate my goal is to get a job in Baldwin County teaching kindergarten.
The classes at South have required me to search for helpful tools and webistes for teachers. Some of the teaching tools that I found and plan to incorporate into my classroom are the use of blogs, the Alabama Learning Exchange (ALEX) website, iGoogle home pages, and other informative websites.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Using Blogs as a Teaching Tool

I believe that using blogs as a teaching tool in the classroom is a great idea. Blogs allow teachers, parents, and students to communicate with one another online. Blogs are free tools that can be used by anyone who has access to an Internet connection. The main reason I like the use of blogs in the classroom is because it allow the teachers and students, to communicate with schools worldwide.

Blogs can also be used to give information about upcoming events in the classroom and at the school. I will use classroom blog to communicate with parents, post newsletters, assignments, upcoming events, and communicate with other teachers and students around the world. I believe that a blog is a good technology to incorporate into the classroom because it teaches the students to communicate via the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment